Choosing the Correct Motor Oil for Your Car
Deciding on which motor oil to choose for your vehicle is crucial regarding the maintenance of your engine. VehicleHistoryCalifornia.com, the number one choice for vehicle history reports, knows if you're not taking your car to a mechanic, and are attempting to change it yourself, you need to know how to correctly choose motor oil.
- Consult your owner's manual for the oil specifications for your car's engine. A manual can recommend a viscosity level such as SW30 or 10W40.
- Figure out how much you are willing to spend on oil. Take into consideration the year of your car; newer cars or engines will cost more money.
- Choose a synthetic oil. Mineral or natural-based oils have extra particles that can build up in engines over time.
- If the synthetic oil you choose has high-quality chemicals added to its mixture, that is a plus. These can be expensive but they produce great engine performance and can be better for the environment.
- Select a brand of oil with a solid reputation. Cheap brands are always a possibility, but brand names usually come with a greater likelihood of excellent engine performance.
VehicleHistoryCalifornia.com hopes we aided you in choosing the best motor oil for your car, an important step in managing the quality and longevity of your vehicle.